1. An interview in which an applicant is given a hypothetical incident and is asked how he or she would respond to it is a _____________
A. computer interview
B. panel interview
C. situational interview
D. nondirective interview
2. The desired outcomes of training programs are formally stated as _____________
A. training goals
B. learning objectives
C. instructional objectives
D. learning goals
3. Career counseling involves talking with employees about all of the following except_____________
A. Their current job activities and performance.
B. Their past career decisions.
C. Their personal and career interests and goals.
D. Their personal skills.
4. In most instances, who is in the best position to perform the function of appraising an employee’s performance?
A. someone from the HR department
B. the employee’s supervisor
C. the employee
5. The process of determining the relative worth of jobs in order to determine pay rates for different jobs is known as_____________
A. job determination
B. job diagnosis
C. job analysis
D. job evaluation
6. Profit sharing refers to any procedure by which an employer pays employees_____________
A. an incentive based on their merit
B. an incentive based on labor cost savings
C. a bonus based on the overall productivity of their particular work group
D. current or deferred sums based on the organization’s financial performance
1.C 2.C 3.B 4.B 5.D 6.D